It’s that time of year again, when the UK hits a heatwave and every single resident of the UK dies a little and the world comes to a stop. Here are a few things that I find are essential to surviving the British Summer.
- Complain that it is too hot at least 20 times a day.
- If you are a man, take your shirt off, If you are female wear as few clothes as possible.
- Pretend to shop in shops with air conditioning.
- Obnoxiously play with toys in the park, make sure to cause as much disruption as possible.
- Walk as slow as possible, bonus points if you hold people up.
- Talk about the sun with everyone you meet, including strangers.
- Set up a nest in the local pub and drink your weight in ale.
- Buy a kids pool, sit in it and take loads of selfies.
- Buy chips, don’t eat them and throw them over the path.
- Don’t wear sun cream and then complain when your skin burns and peels off.
What else do us Brits do in the heat, that drives you crazy?